EMU v. Ohio open thread
If you go to the game this afternoon, once again, be sure to pack your poncho. Temperatures are forecast to be in the low 50s — 50 or 51 — throughout the game. Weather.com gives a low likelihood of rain at kickoff, but that jumps up to 50% by 2 pm, so remember the Boy Scout Motto and Be Prepared!
As I mentioned yesterday, there are a whole bunch of additional activities, since it’s Homecoming. So if you’re in the area, get over to Rynearson Stadium now! Seriously, by the time you read this, I’ll already be there. I’ve heard that plenty of tickets remain for the Judge Greg Mathis roast at 7 pm at Pease Auditorium; they’re $10 for students, $20 for the general public, and can be ordered at http://www.emutix.com. You can probably also get tickets at the door, but the price may be higher, so order in advance and get them at “Will Call”.
If you’re not able to make it to the game this afternoon, — and why? since tickets can be found free or very cheap? — there are several other ways to keep up to date.
- This game will be on broadcast TV. Locally, it will be on WXYZ (Channel 7, ABC); it will also be broadcast throughout the Midwest.
- If you’re outside the broadcast area, it can be seen on ESPN-Plus and ESPN Game Plan, and online at ESPN3.com.
- Because it will be carried on those ESPN options, Eagle All-Access will not show the game live, but the game will be available after 7 pm today in the Media Archive, so if you miss it live, that might be a good option.
- Listen to the game on WEMU, 89.1 FM. Or, if you’re out of the area, listen online for free.
- The “tweetcast” is probably going to happen again, and you can still follow it all in one place. I honestly haven’t really followed it since the first game, and I haven’t heard anything about it this week, but I’m assuming they’re doing this all season.
- If you hunt around online, you’ll find several other websites claiming to have free streaming video of the game. I’m dubious, and some of the sites seem sketchy, so I won’t link them here, but they shouldn’t be too hard to find if you look.
You could also talk about it in the comments here.