Vanderbilt 52, EMU 6 recap
There’s no getting around it. This EMU football team is epically bad, and instead of getting better, they seem to be getting worse. Part of that is surely due to injuries — once again, Priest didn’t play, and I’m assuming it’s an injury issue — but this loss can’t be entirely laid on injuries. With a beatdown like the Commodores delivered — and they really aren’t that good a team — there’s plenty of blame to go around. Falling 52-6 to Vanderbilt is more embarrassing — far, far, far more embarrassing — than falling 73-20 to a very good Ohio State team. For an AQ conference team, Vandy is really a bad team — have I mentioned that a few times? — and for the Commodores to move the ball at will while utterly shutting down the Eagles’ offense is just shameful.
- Penalties. EMU got back on track after a bad game last week, committing only 2 penalties for 20 yards.
- Passing. The EMU quarterbacks combined to go 11 of 25 (44%) for 104 yards and an interception.
- Gillett’s rushing. Six carries for six yards.
- Third down efficiency. 3 for 15, which is 20%.
- Let’s just sum it up and say there was just a general lack of both offense and defense on the Eagles’ part.