Missing key players: rumors, gossip, and innuendo
OK, no gossip or innuendo, just rumors.
After my recent comments about key players missing last week, an anonymous source told me that he/she has their own anonymous source, who might (or might not) be in the know about such things.
Rumor has it that:
- Kinsman Thomas missed the Vanderbilt game last Saturday because he was late for a meeting last week and was not allowed to make the trip. Hopefully he gets the message and doesn’t do this again; I don’t think his presence, in and of itself, would have made a difference in Nashville, but it could this weekend.
- Dwayne Priest has a groin injury. I think this may be the same injury that caused him problems earlier this fall, and it seems like it may be a nagging injury that he struggles with all year.
- Latarrious Thomas has an injury. No details other than that “he’s hurt”. Gee, really?
- They are still trying to get an NCAA waiver to allow Mike Marrow to play this year. Personally, I’m dubious that this will happen, and I’ll beleive it when I see it.
- The coaches are hoping for at least one win this year to break the losing streak, and 3-5 wins next year. I think those are reasonable goals, but it’s not going to happen with all these injured/missing skill players.
No word on Donald Scott’s absence from the game last week, not even the rumor of a rumor.
As I said, these are rumors coming from unknown/anonymous sources (unknown/anonymous to me also). I think they’re all plausible, but I leave it to you to judge their truth for yourself.