EMU at Buffalo/EMU at Canisius double open thread
As we’ve discussed, the Eagles football team will be playing against the State University of New York at Buffalo Bulls in the University at Buffalo Stadium at the Amherst Campus of the State University of New York at Buffalo in Amherst, New York, in what probably represents the Eagles’ last realistic chance at a second win this fall. Plus, by blogger fiat, it’s a rivalry game: the Ontario Sandwich Trophy!
As we’ve also discussed, though not as much, the Eagles’ men’s basketball team will be playing against Canisius College Golden Griffins in Koessler Center, in downtown Buffalo. This MAC versus MAAC matchup, which will be the first appearance of Derek Thompson, will take place only six miles from the aforementioned MAC versus MAC game.
Unfortunately for any EMU fans who made the trip, they’ll be forced to choose a team, because for some reason (SCHEDULE FAIL) the games will be played simultaneously, starting at 2 pm. That’s right, instead of a football/basketball doubleheader in upstate New York, EMU fans are stuck with one or the other.
If, on the other hand, you’re stuck in Ypsi today — and all in all, I don’t think it will be too bad of a day in Ypsi; the weather should provide a cool, clear, autumn day — you have several ways to follow one or the other or both games:
- The football game will be televised on Sports Time Ohio, ESPN Game Plan, and ESPN3.com.
- The football game will be streamed online at All-MACcess (single-game viewing is $7.95).
- The football game will have a radio broadcast on WEMU-FM and WCHB-AM. WEMU streams their radio broadcast online, so if you’re outside the broadcast footprint, you can still listen online.
- The basketball game will — as far as I can tell — not be televised and will not have a radio broadcast. The only option there is streaming video from Canisius, of which the cheapest package is $8.95 for one month.
- Of course, there are many other websites, of various repute and dubious legality, which will claim to have free streaming video.
Or, as always, you can talk about the games in the comments here.