EMU v. Alabama State open thread
If you go to the game this afternoon, be sure to pack your poncho (again); there’s a pretty good chance of rain during the game. Fortunately, the temperature should be a little nicer than last Saturday. (OK, it’s forecast for the low 70s, which will be a lot nicer than the upper 90s!) Also, it’s likely to be just rain; any thunderstorms are likely to be scattered, and to come through the area well before kickoff.
I’ve not seen any official announcement, but I believe the normal alumni relations tailgate will start at 11 am in from of the main (west) entrance to Rynearson, and I’m guessing the free Eagle’s Landing Fan Zone, featuring inflatables, games and contests, music, entertainment and more, will happen in its usual spot just outside Gate 1 on the west side of Rynearson Stadium.
If you’re not able to make it to the game this afternoon, there are several other ways to keep up to date.
- The MAC is offering free streaming video for a bunch of games this fall, and it looks like today’s matchup is one of them. Watch here.
- Watch online streaming video on Eagle All-Access. A monthly subscription is $9.95, a fall subscription (order by today, good though November 13) is $29.95, or an annual pass is $79.95.
- Listen to the game on WEMU, 89.1 FM. Or, if you’re out of the area, listen online for free.
- Get game updates through Twitter by following @EMUFB11 and @eagletotemblog.
- If you hunt around online, you’ll find several websites claiming to have free streaming video of the game. I’m dubious, and some of the sites seem sketchy, so I won’t link them here, but they shouldn’t be too hard to find if you look. But really, with the MAC offering it for free, why would you bother with these other sites?
You could also talk about it in the comments here. And if you can’t wait until 1 pm to talk about football, feel free to get a head start this morning. It’s an open thread, so comments on any topic are legit.