Depth chart for Michigan
|X receiver||Left tackle||Left guard||Center||Right guard||Right tackle||Tight end|
|Donald Scott||Scott MacLeod||Corey Watman||Andrew Sorgatz||Bridger Buche||Lincoln Hansen||Garrett Hoskins||Z receiver|
|Julius Shelby||H-back||Bobby McFadden||Campbell Allison||Corey Watman||Campbell Allison||Bobby McFadden||Dylan Brooks||Nick Olds|
|Trey Hunter||Orlando McCord||Trey Hunter|
|Demarius Reed||Alex Gillett||Running Back|
|Tyler Benz||Dominique Sherrer|
|Right cornerback||Defensive end||Nose tackle||Defensive tackle||Left cornerback|
|Marcell Rose||Brad Ohrman||Brandon Slater||Kalonji Kashama||Rushbacker||Marlon Pollard|
|Nate Wilson||Javon Reese||Jabar Westerman||Matt Price||Andy Mulumba||Darius Scott|
|Strong side linebacker||Middle linebacker||Weak side linebacker|
|Blake Poole||Marcus English||Justin Cudworth|
|Strong safety||Bryan Pali||Colin Weingrad||Nate Paopao|
|Willie Williams||Free safety|
|Martavius Cardwell||Latarrius Thomas|
Punter: Jay Karutz (Kody Fulkerson)
Place kicker: Kody Fulkerson (Sean Graham)
Long snapper: Mike Zupancic (Matt Bowman)
Kickoffs: Mike Yocum (Kody Fulkerson)
Kick returner: Dominique Sherrer (Corey Welch)
Punt returner: Marlon Pollard (Demarius Reed)
- No updates on Sherrer’s knee, but for what it’s worth, he remains listed as the starter.
- Bryan Pali has replaced Matt Boyd as the backup at strong side linebacker.
- Mike Yocum has replace Kody Fulkerson for kickoffs. Obviously this happened some time between the Alabama State depth chart release and the game, since Yocum took all three kickoffs on Sunday.
- WR Kinsman Thomas has served a two-game suspension for a violation of team rules. He should be back this week, and unless there’s something else going on, I have to guess that he, rather than Nick Olds, will be the starting Z receiver.
- Rumor has it that Korey Neal suffered a high ankle sprain before the start of the seasson. Depending on the severity, recovery time for this type of injury can be anywhere from two weeks to six months. I would have expected him to be the starting right tackle this year, but it may take him a while to get back in playing shape once he’s able to go. Also, offensive line requires a tremendous amount of team-work and coordination among the players. It may be that, even if he’s the best athlete for the spot, after missing several weeks (or more), he would disrupt the play too much. Also, he may just go for a medical redshirt.
- Safety Pudge Cotton injured his knee against Howard and did not play against Alabama State. I’ve not heard anything about when he’s expected to return.