EMU at Penn State open thread
It looks like a foggy, damp morning in Happy Valley. The fog should burn off by game time, leaving us a mostly cloudy afternoon with game temperatures in the mid- to upper-60s. There is a 30% chance of rain throughout the game, and yes, for anyone who’s wondering, the field at Beaver Stadium is natural grass, specifically, Kentucky Blue Grass. I’d expect the surface to be pretty-nearly perfect, however, since Penn State has one of the nation’s leading turf grass programs.
If you’re not at the game this afternoon, there are several other ways to keep up to date.
- This game is actually really going to be honest-to-God televised. On ESPN2. Really.
- It looks like it will be streamed live on Penn State All-Access. The cheapest way in is $9.95 for a one-month pass. Since it’s being broadcast on ESPN2, live streaming video will also be available on WatchESPN.
- Listen to the game on WEMU, 89.1 FM. Or, if you’re out of the area, listen online for free.
- Get game updates through Twitter by following @EMUFB11 and @eagletotemblog.
- If you hunt around online, you’ll find several websites claiming to have free streaming video of the game. I’m dubious, and some of the sites seem sketchy, so I won’t link them here, but they shouldn’t be too hard to find if you look. But really, with all the other ways to watch this game, why would you bother?
You could also talk about it in the comments here. And if you can’t wait until noon to talk about football, feel free to get a head start this morning. It’s an open thread, so comments on any topic are legit.