Depth chart for Akron
|X receiver||Left tackle||Left guard||Center||Right guard||Right tackle||Tight end|
|Donald Scott||Korey Neal||Corey Watman||Andrew Sorgatz||Bridger Buche||Lincoln Hansen||Garrett Hoskins||Z receiver|
|Julius Shelby||H-back||Scott MacLeod||Campbell Allison||Corey Watman||Campbell Allison||Bobby McFadden||Dylan Brooks||Nick Olds|
|Trey Hunter||Orlando McCord||Kinsman Thomas|
|Demarius Reed||Alex Gillett||Running Back|
|Tyler Benz||Javonti Greene|
|Right cornerback||Defensive end||Nose tackle||Defensive tackle||Left cornerback|
|Marcell Rose||Brad Ohrman||Brandon Slater||Kalonji Kashama||Rushbacker||Marlon Pollard|
|Nate Wilson||Javon Reese||Jabar Westerman||Matt Price||Andy Mulumba||Darius Scott|
|Strong side linebacker||Middle linebacker||Weak side linebacker|
|Blake Poole||Colin Weingrad||Justin Cudworth|
|Strong safety||Bryan Pali||Marcus English||Nate Paopao|
|Willie Williams||Free safety|
|Martavius Cardwell||Latarrius Thomas|
Punter: Jay Karutz (Kody Fulkerson)
Place kicker: Kody Fulkerson (Sean Graham)
Long snapper: Mike Zupancic (Matt Bowman)
Kickoffs: Mike Yocum (Kody Fulkerson)
Kick returner: Corey Welch (Darius Scott)
Punt returner: Marlon Pollard (Demarius Reed)
- Trey Hunter is no longer listed as the #2 Z receiver, with Kinsman Thomas moving up to that spot. At Penn State, Thomas started as X receiver instead of Donald Scott. Although Thomas left the Penn State game with an injury, he returned later in the same possession, and I think it’s probably safe to say that it was wasn’t a serious injury.
- Colin Weingrad and Marcus English are flipped, with Weingrad now listed as the starting middle linebacker. English did not play against Penn State (Weingrad started), and I’ve heard nothing about his status. I’m guessing that he is injured, and either will not play or will be a late decision. This was the first change this year to the defensive depth chart.
- Dominique Sherrer is now completely off the depth chart, with Darius Scott taking his place as the #2 kick returner. However, rumor has it that Sherrer’s knee is better and that he is likely to play Saturday.
- Bridger Buche and Corey Watman both left late in the Penn State game with knee injuries. Rumor is that Buche suffered a high ankle sprain in his left leg, which will probably keep him out of the game against Akron, but he may be back for the Toledo trip. Rumor has it that Watman has a sprained right knee, and will also be out for an unknown duration. Campbell Allison is the primary backup to both, so it seems likely that he’ll start, and I’d guess that either Scott MacLeod or Bobby McFadden would be the other starter. Losing two starters on the offensive line has the potential to cause big problems.
- Speaking of knees, safety Pudge Cotton has recovered from a knee injury against Howard that kept him out of the last three games. He’s practicing this week and is expected to see some playing time Saturday.
- Against Alabama State and at Michigan, Orlando McCord started at H-back in place of Trey Hunter.
- At Michigan, running back Joe Fleming started in place of wide receiver Nick Olds.