EMU v. Akron open thread
If you go to the game this afternoon, dress warm. It’s going to be a gusty fall day, with winds forecast for 20+ mph and temperatures mostly in the upper 40s, with a high in the low 50s around kickoff. It’s hard to tell if it’s going to rain — one website gives a 10% chance while another gives 40% — but it will be faily cloudy (slightly less so as the day goes on).
The normal alumni relations tailgate will start at 11 am in from of the main (west) entrance to Rynearson, and I’m guessing the free Eagle’s Landing Fan Zone, featuring inflatables, games and contests, music, entertainment and more, will happen in its usual spot just outside Gate 1 on the west side of Rynearson Stadium, though the wind may interfere with that.
As we’ve discussed, and as you can guess from the picture, today is Band Day, with 11 high school bands expected. On the one hand, that means we won’t get to enjoy a normal show from the EMU Marching Band, but on the other hand, LOTS OF BAND!
Also, we have depth chart updates, though in some cases it might be called a lack-of-depth chart:
- Kinsman Thomas is now listed as the starting X reciever, ahead of Donald Scott. Trey Hunter takes his place as backup Z receiver, and Julius Shelby is off the chart.
- As expected, Campbell Allison is listed as the staring left guard with Scott MacLeod as the starting right guard. Jordan Erbes moves into the depth chart as the backup center, and third-string tight end Orlando McCord is also listed as the backup at both guard positions, which makes me very nervous. Backup right tackle Bobby McFadden is now also the backup left tackle. Hopefully Corey Watman and Bridger Buche recover quickly, because this o-line is one more injury away from catastrophe.
- Marcus English is still listed as the back-up middle linebacker. I can only guess that means he’ll be a game-time decision.
If you’re not able to make it to the game this afternoon, there are several other ways to keep up to date.
- The MAC is offering free streaming video for a bunch of games this fall, and it looks like today’s matchup is one of them. Watch here.
- Watch online streaming video on Eagle All-Access. A monthly subscription is $9.95, a fall subscription (order by today, good though November 13) is $29.95, or an annual pass is $79.95.
- Listen to the game on WEMU, 89.1 FM. Or, if you’re out of the area, listen online for free.
- Get game updates through Twitter by following @EMUFB11 and @eagletotemblog.
- If you hunt around online, you’ll find several websites claiming to have free streaming video of the game. I’m dubious, and some of the sites seem sketchy, so I won’t link them here, but they shouldn’t be too hard to find if you look. But really, with the MAC offering it for free, why would you bother with these other sites?
You could also talk about it in the comments here. And if you can’t wait until 1 pm to talk about football, feel free to get a head start this morning. It’s an open thread, so as always, comments on any topic are legit.