Depth chart against Ball State
|X receiver||Left tackle||Left guard||Center||Right guard||Right tackle||Tight end|
|Julius Shelby||Korey Neal||Corey Watman||Andrew Sorgatz||Bridger Buche||Campbell Allison||Garrett Hoskins||Z receiver|
|Donald Scott||H-back||Bobby McFadden||Josh Woods||Corey Watman||Scott MacLeod||Lincoln Hansen||Dylan Brooks||Nick Olds|
|Trey Hunter||Orlando McCord||Trey Hunter|
|Demarius Reed||Alex Gillett||Running Back|
|Tyler Benz||Javonti Greene|
|Right cornerback||Defensive end||Nose tackle||Defensive tackle||Left cornerback|
|Marcell Rose||Brad Ohrman||Brandon Slater||Kalonji Kashama||Rushbacker||Marlon Pollard|
|Nate Wilson||Javon Reese||Jabar Westerman||Matt Price||Andy Mulumba||Darius Scott|
|Strong side linebacker||Middle linebacker||Weak side linebacker|
|Blake Poole||Colin Weingrad||Justin Cudworth|
|Strong safety||Bryan Pali||Marcus English||Nate Paopao|
|Willie Williams||Free safety|
|Martavius Cardwell||Latarrius Thomas|
Punter: Jay Karutz (Kody Fulkerson)
Place kicker: Kody Fulkerson (Sean Graham)
Long snapper: Mike Zupancic (Matt Bowman)
Kickoffs: Mike Yocum (Kody Fulkerson)
Kick returner: Corey Welch (Darius Scott)
Punt returner: Marlon Pollard (Demarius Reed)
- Bobby McFadden replaces Scott MacLeod as the backup left tackle. This means there are now nine players listed on the offensive line two-deep (starting left guard Corey Watman is the backup center).
- Campbell Allison remains the starting right tackle, having replaced Lincoln Hansen for the last two games.
- Javonti Greene remains the starting running back as of now, with Dominique White listed as the backup. Following a knee injury suffered against Alabama State, Dominique Sherrer, who began the season as the starter, dropped off the depth chart as he sat out five games. He returned to play against Western Michigan, coming off the bench to take 11 carries for 86 yards. I’d expect English to give Greene, Sherrer, and White a few carries each early and then to keep giving the ball to whoever gets hot.
- Marcus English is back on the depth chart as backup middle linebacker. After starting the first three games, English sat out at Penn State, subbed in against Akron, started against Toledo, and then sat out at Central Michigan and against Western Michigan.
- After being suspended for the first two games, wide receiver Kinsman Thomas had worked his way back into the starting lineup, but didn’t play at Central Michigan and was not listed on the depth chart for Western Michigan. Now he appears to be off the roster. If I had to guess, I’d say after the suspension, Ron English warned him that this would be his last chance, and then he messed up again, but that’s just a guess. It’s also possible that