EMU at Northern Illinois open thread
It looks like today will be a beautiful day for a football game in DeKalb. It should be mostly cloudy, with moderate to gusty winds, no chance of precipitation, and temperatures in the mid-40s for the morning tailgate, gradually warming to the mid-50s by the end of the game.
Aside from driving the five-and-a-half hours to DeKalb (if you haven’t left already, you’re going to be late!), there are several ways you can keep up with the game.
- The game will be televised on ESPNU. From what I can tell, the Comcast basic package doesn’t include it, but other cable packages and satellite carriers might; check your channel listings to be sure.
- If you don’t get ESPNU, you should still be see it free online, courtesy of WatchESPN.
- Watch free streaming video courtesy of the MAC.
- Listen to the game on WEMU, 89.1 FM. Or, if you’re out of the area, listen online for free.
- If free isn’t your style, it looks like you could pay Northern Illinois to listen to their radio broadcast.
- If you’d rather read about the game than watch or listen, you can follow my comments at @eagletotemblog.
- If you hunt around online, you’ll find several websites claiming to have free streaming video of the game. I’m dubious, and some of the sites seem sketchy, so I won’t link them here, but they shouldn’t be too hard to find if you look. But really, with the free MAC-cast, why would you bother with these other sites?
You could also talk about it in the comments here. And if you can’t wait until 11 AM (11 AM! in the morning!!) to talk about football, feel free to get a head start even earlier this morning. It’s an open thread, so as always, comments on any topic are legit.